Conference Dinner at Lublin Castle
The Lublin Castle is a medieval castle situated in Lublin, adjacent to the Old Town district and close to the city centre. It was built in the 14th century and is one of the oldest preserved Royal residencies in Poland. It was rebuilt on a grandiose scale in the Renaissance period and destroyed as a consequence of wars in the 17th c. (The Deluge), to be then rebuilt in the 19th c. in English Neo-Gothic style. For the next 128 years the castle served as a prison, including, most infamously, the period during the Nazi and then Soviet occupation. The castle prison was finally closed in 1954. Following reconstruction and refurbishment, since 1957 it has been the main site of the Lublin Museum. Click here for more information about the Castle and its history.
The Chapel of the Holy Trinity is a historical monument of the highest category of uniqueness. It is an important part of the Castle Hill and it has been inscribed on the World Cultural Heritage List. The chapel’s interiors are covered with amazing frescoes which meet the requirements of Russo-Byzantine sacral art on one hand and the principles of West European Gothic architecture on the other. To read more about the Chapel and see its panorama, please click here.